Friday, February 4, 2011

I had an AMAZING day yesterday.

I think I managed to get about 2 hours sleep on Wednesday night, and woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm went off, about 4am, so just decided to get up and get ready. My nerves the night before had been so bad I thought I was going to pass out in the kitchen, so hubby sorted dinner, but luckily I was still a little sleepy in the morning so the nerves gave me an hour break. Once I was ready to go though, they kicked back in, and the drive to the airport was a very busy one for my butterfly farm. I checked in and boarded effortlessly, the new Gold Coast airport is great. The flight was reasonably quick (thank god I had my phone, I played games the whole way!) and as I exited the plane the nerves seem to settle, and seemed to morph into much more of an excitement. It was FINALLY time, and I scuttled so fast up that ramp! As I walked out of the gate I said goodbye to the girl I had been sitting with, and I could see two big smiling faces that I recognised. We greeted with a hug, a hug that felt like an "I missed you!" not a "nice to meet you!" I really felt like I was seeing old friends after a long period of time.

The whole day went without a hitch. Our appointments flowed exceptionally well, the doctors, nurses and counsellor were all lovely, and it was great to get all the good solid details of what will be happening and when. We chatted all day, and ate, and chatted, and ate! (And was it just me or did we all pee a lot?? hahaha) I loved the fact that they were both exactly like I expected. There were absolutely no surprises, and I felt so relaxed with them both. The hardest thing of the whole day was knowing it was coming to an end, and saying goodbye :(

I tried to sleep on the way home, but I was just so amped from how well the day went I couldnt, and then I didnt stop telling Hubby all about it when I got home till very late, so needless to say, today I am a walking Zombie! In fact for the first time in a very long time, I think I am going to put my head on my pillow while the little hand is still pointing at the 8!!

To my beautiful Donors: Thank you, so very much, for allowing me into your lives and allowing me to take part in this amazing journey. You are both such compassionate, gorgeous, down to earth people, and I feel honoured to be part of this. I really hope my body can perform well for us all, and if we achieve what we are hoping for, I have no doubt in my mind that this child (these children!!?!! hehe!) will be loved to the moon and back.

3 comments:

  1. I found this blog via TMMB. You write so well! You are doing such an incredible thing, I've just had my first child 6 months ago and think it is so amazing that you might be able to help an otherwise childless couple bring their own little bundle into the world. I can't think of a gift more precious. I will follow this with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Fingers crossed there will be lots of good news to read about... ;) x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great you got to meet your IPs in person (& that it wasn't as 'scary' as you'd thought). Now that you have details and dates....it will seem more real and exciting - YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete