Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bleeeeeeeerrkk....!

Dont we all just love tummy bugs? Its one of my worst fears, if anyone even mentions the word 'Tummy bug' around me, ESPECIALLY if it is something along the lines of "Charlie had a tummy bug yesterday" - look out, because you will be my least favourite person for a while.... Keep your kid at home!!!! Im guessing Corben (my middle sprog) picked it up at preschool - I thought it was a good idea to send him for that extra day at the time... not so much after...

But on a positive note, it seemed to be Norwalk virus, which is reasonably mild, a few chucks and its over and done with. Only one end to worry about, and nice and short lived. All 3 kids ended up with it, I have to admit I was almost in tears when the wee fella was vomiting - its not an easy thing to watch, but Im just thankful it wasnt one that lasted longer. I had some lovely tummy pains yesterday, and felt a bit off, but nothing came of it so Im hoping my body managed to get the upper hand. Hubby seems to have escaped it too, which is the biggest bonus.

So, back to business! Day 3 of jabbing today, and its going great. Day 1 I was nervous, but excited, its such a huge step forward and to be at this stage feels like the final sprint to the finish line. Day 2 hubby watched, I was hoping for a bit of a giggle - I thought he might pale up a bit, but he was sweet as hehe. Today the kids decided they wanted to watch, which I am absolutely ok with, I think my excessive needle phobia came from seeing my mother almost hysterical when it came time for a needle, so I feel that exposing the kids to the fact that its really no big deal and the pain (if any) is very short lived will help them to avoid the fears I had of needles.

Over all I have been feeling fab, the odd headaches I had been getting are gone as expected and other than a current lack of sleep from night spew duty I still feel full of energy. I have a scan at 8.20am Wednesday morning to see how many follies have decided to respond and start their journey... (gosh isnt it amazing to think those little follies could become little babies...) hopefully a nice average amount.



Sending out lots of sticky vibes this weekend for someone I love very much x x x

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or today, dep on when u get this!!!) love ya xx

    ReplyDelete